Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Roasted Carrots


These roasted carrots are simply delightful.

Delightful and easy and sensationally tasty. If you'll indulge me, they smell vaguely tropical and have a kick of spice with each bite.

I don't have much of an anecdote to go with this post, other than to show you my new favorite blog/website Nourished Kitchen. 

It fits so well with my latest obsession: unprocessed, whole, natural foods.
Trying to plan before the meal plans

I even signed up (and paid the measly $10 a month) for their weekly meal plans. Seriously, I did that. It's so easy. They email me three great dinner meals (meat + veggies+ a salad usually, or so it seems) and a few other tasty things like baked fruit or soups.

So far we have eaten pot roast, broiled salmon, roasted chicken, pan fried cod and steak (I see that is all the meat, but whoa, it's good meat and easy). I've roasted broccoli, carrots and all manner of veggies. I've made countless (well, 5) salad dressings that were easy and delicious. I feel like I'm being spoiled and I'm the one doing all the cooking.


This is how I used to meal plan for the week. Now, I just open an email and print.

Maybe this seems nutty, paying someone to send you a weeks worth of recipes. I can see that. But, I spend so much time each week planning the next weeks meals and with trying to slowly stop eating processed, foods finding recipes has been more and more challenging. This was such a great, easy, delicious solution.

These roasted carrots are just one of the reasons I feel this website was a great discovery. I've made them three times now, and the first time I made them we ate them all before dinner was even served.

Roasted Carrots
from Nourished Kitchen

ingredients

8 carrots, scraped and sliced
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon honey
zest of 1 orange
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or more, if you are crazy like me)

Preheat your oven to 425.

Toss the carrots with the oil, honey, orange zest and red pepper flakes. Spread onto a baking sheet (lined with foil or parchment paper for easy cleaning) and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once. 

Enjoy!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any questions? Did I miss something in my post? Can you make a great connection to something above? I'd love to hear it! Share!