Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Egg Salad with Cucumber



I love egg salad. Love love love. I always have. And while it is usually seen in a sandwich, I honestly prefer it by itself. Seriously- not just because I'm giving wheat free a try, but I always have. When I was in elementary school, the teachers told my mom that I wasn't eating my lunch. They had seen me throwing away my sandwiches, or so they thought. Turns out I was just gobbling up the delicious insides and throwing the bread out.

The only thing that bothers me about egg salad is that I think it gets eaten up way too quickly. I wanted to find a way to make it last a bit longer and make it, can I say, heartier? more refreshing? crunchier? It fits all those bills.

chopped English cucumber 


 I will admit that my egg salad is pretty basic. I do not add mustard to it (eek. no thanks) or vinegar or really anything other than mayo, eggs, green onions and some seasonings. You can make your egg salad however you please and add the cucumbers as you are mixing it all up!

Now I'm wondering how I can add to tuna salad as well! Any other ideas?



Egg Salad 

ingredients

5 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise, add more or less to taste
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 English cucumber, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces (English cucumbers do not need to be peeled)
salt and pepper to taste

Boil eggs, peel and chop into bite size pieces in a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cucumber and green onion and mix.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!
-m






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any questions? Did I miss something in my post? Can you make a great connection to something above? I'd love to hear it! Share!